Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship
The Foundation of the American College of Healthcare Executives established this scholarship in honor of Albert W. Dent, the first African-American Fellow of ACHE. This scholarship is offered to provide financial aid to racially/ethnically students in healthcare management graduate programs to help offset tuition costs, student loans, and expenses.
The Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship is designated for racially/ethnically diverse students enrolled in their final year of a healthcare management graduate program.
ACHE is a professional society of more than 48,000 healthcare executives. Known for its prestigious credentialing and educational programs and high-caliber publications, our vision is to be the preeminent professional society for healthcare executives dedicated to improving health.
No Information Available
To apply for an Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- If you have a residency as part of your program and the upcoming fall term will be your second year of study, you may apply for a scholarship.
- If you have already completed your classroom work and are in the residency part of your program, you are not eligible to apply.
- Doctoral students are also not eligible to apply.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Three current letters of recommendation (one must be from your graduate program director)
- Application Essay including information on your:
- Reason for pursuing a career in healthcare management / your career aspirations and goals
- History in the field
- Financial need
- Community/Civic engagement and volunteerism
Health Care Management and Administration